Community is an important part of all of our programs at Talisman Programs. Whether it involves working together to set off a rocket in Sight, or planning a meal in our Wilderness Trek Camp, the Talisman experience centers around helping students learn to form strong bonds in the world around them.
Within our community, family members play an important role in supporting our campers and students as they build independence, confidence, social skills, and responsibility. Because family members are so important to the Talisman community, we have built in a number of ways for families to learn about, enjoy, and participate in their child's experience at our camps and schools. Below you will find some of the ways that you stay connected to your child's experience at our camps and schools.
- Virtual Tour: Click Here to see an interactive map of our campus, and to learn about various aspects of our program. This link includes a special camper corner for our students.
- One-Way E-mail System, Secure Online Photo Gallery, & Camp News: Click Here to see photos, receive updates from camp, or send your child an e-mail.
- Update Phone Calls: During summer camp, we call you once each week to update you on your child's experience at camp.
- Weekly Program-Specific E-Mail Updates: Program directors will send out updates on what the groups have been up to during the previous week.
- Letter-Writing: It may be a dying art everywhere else, but not at Talisman! Students are encouraged to write letters at least once a week.
- Optional Parent Seminars: Learn more about the strategies we use at camp, and how to continue to build upon the positive changes our students make while they are with us.
- Online Webinars: Talisman offers live interactive webinars on exciting topics like Facebook, special education law, and more. These webinars present valuable information on pertinent topics. They also foster a sense of community and social support among parents of children with special needs. They are free of charge for parents of enrolled campers. Parents of campers who are not enrolled may need to pay a nominal fee.
Apply online now - click here!